Irish Freedom Party
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide: Managing your wellness

+2
John Gormley
John O'Hawkney
6 posters

Go down

Guide: Managing your wellness Empty Re: Guide: Managing your wellness

Post  Marcus_Suridius Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:14 am

Yeah I fought in the Malaysia battle but ran out of weapons but didnt notice...nearly killed my...but sure its a worthy cause
Marcus_Suridius
Marcus_Suridius

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/3027540

Back to top Go down

Post  John Gormley Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:44 pm

If you fight twice you should get 20 wellness back when you heal as long as the hospital quality is 2+. You're in Dublin which has hospital quality 4 so that's not a problem.
I'd advise you to move to a region with a Q5 hospital, if you're not running for Congress that is.
John Gormley
John Gormley
Admin

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1351466

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayne Cobb Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:19 am

I fought in two battles but it would only let me use the hospital once. Has the game changed since this guide was released, or am I missing something?

Jayne Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnSmith 2k9 Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:51 am

great Article,
JohnSmith 2k9
JohnSmith 2k9
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dylanb9216 Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:59 am

Great guide John, included it with the gift scheme message.
Dylanb9216
Dylanb9216

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1844902

Back to top Go down

Post  John Gormley Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:12 pm

Great guide John.
John Gormley
John Gormley
Admin

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1351466

Back to top Go down

Guide: Managing your wellness Empty Guide: Managing your wellness

Post  John O'Hawkney Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:28 am

Managing your wellness

1. What is wellness?

Wellness in eRepublik is name for the general health of a citizen. It is an equivalent of "health points", or "HP" in most computer games. It is advised and beneficial to maintain a high level of wellness.

You can learn a lot of details about wellness from the official wiki article, but here are the highlights you should know for a start.

Wellness is measured from 0 (dead) to 100 (full health).

Wellness has the greatest impact on these two aspects of the game:
-work efficiency
-combat effectiveness
with the former being more important for most citizens.

You can read yet another wiki article to gain a better understanding of how wellness affects your productivity (read about "Wellness Multiplier"), but in essence, the higher your wellness the more you produce per "manday" of your work. It is important for your employer that you maintain a high wellness. Why? Consider this example: Your wage is 5 IEP, but your wellness is so low that you make only 2 products per day. The company can sell these at a price of 2 IEP per item, so they only get 4 IEP. Which means that you have generated a loss of 1 IEP (and I haven't even taken into account the cost of raw materials that had to be purchased first). Then why should the commpany keep paying you? They might request that you improve, reduce your salary to a laughable level or just fire you on the spot.

1.2. Gaining wellness

Food: Each day, your citizen will consume the best-quality food from his inventory (quality is marked by the number of green stars on an item) and will gain wellness approximately equal to that quality (more if he is below 50, less if above).
House: If you own a house (it's expensive, so it'll take time to get one), it's quality will add to the consumed food's quality, for an additional bonus.
Hospital: You can only use it once per day, and only after you have fought in a battle that day. Access it from your region's page by clicking "Heal". You will instantly gain 10 times the hospital's quality. Best hospitals in eIreland are in the Northeast (Q5), Dublin (Q4) and Cork and Kerry (Q4) regions. To move to another region you'll need to purchase a moving ticket. Hospitals are essential to managing your wellness.
Gifts: Each time you receive a gift from someone, you gain wellness equal to the gift's quality. You cannot gain more than 10 wellness/day this way.
Wellness box: You can purchase 10 wellness for 2 gold. There are limits to how much you can purchase per day and it's quite inefficient.

1.3. Losing wellness

Train: You lose 1 wellness for training with the army.
Work: You lose wellness equal to the quality of the company you work for each time you work.
General Manager: You lose 1 wellness per day per company you own. Does not apply if you control a company through an organization.
Fight: You lose 10 wellness each time you enter a fight. On the other hand, doing so gives you a one-time access to the hospital for that day. An important restriction is that you need to have at least 40 wellness to enter a fight.

1.4. Other

Moving tickets: Each time you use one, your wellness changes by (<quality of ticket> - 3), ie. you lose 2 for using a Q1 ticket and gain 2 by using a Q5 ticket.

2. Managing your wellness

This chapter discusses how to improve and maintain a high wellness in eRepublik.

2.1. Low levels (less than 40)

If your wellness is below 40, it should be considered a medical emergency. To make things worse, a hospital is pretty much out of reach, because you can't enter a fight in the first place. Your options are:
-Apply for a government medical emergency program. Contact eIreland's Department of Health. They should be able to patch you up quickly.
-Gifts: Find someone who could offer gifts to you. Alternatively, if you own an organization (costs 5 gold and requires level 11), buy some on your own, donate it to the org and use its account to offer those gifts to your citizen.
-Wait and recuperate: Stop training with the military. If you cannot afford food whose quality at least matches your company's, stop working as well. Your wellness will steadily improve as long as you have a supply of food. Not a viable option if you can't afford a larger stock of food.
-Wellness boxes: As said before, it's an inefficient use of gold, but might help if everything else fails.

Repeat until you reach wellness 40.

2.2. Average levels (40-80)

At this point, the most important way to gain wellness opens for you:
-Fight and Heal: eIreland (along with a few other allies) is constantly involved in a so-called "training war" with Latvia. See war #761. The point of the war is not about actually conquering anything but rather enabling the citizens of participating countries to gain combat experience and use this wellness mangement method. About half of the time, there should be a particular fight active. Go to the battlefield and fight. Once is enough - then you can visit the page of the region you live in (available from your profile page) and click the "Heal" button that appeared beside the hospital. If you remember how wellness gains and expenditures work, you should realize that, if you live in a region with a 5-star hospital (Northeast of Ireland), you gain 5x10 - 10 = 40 wellness from this operation. And that's all within one day! If you live in a region with a Q1 hospital (1x10 - 10 = 0, so there is no net gain), you might consider moving to a better region.

Repeat until you reach wellness 80-90.

2.3. High levels (above 80)

If you reach this level, all you have to do is maintain it. You already know all the necessary mechanics, so I'll just show you my strategy, which essentially keeps me above 90 most of the time.

Currently, I live in Northeast, so I have a Q5 hospital at my disposal. As long as there is an active training battle, I fight 5 times and heal, breaking even.

I don't eat fancy food. Generally, the quality of food you consume should be one higher than the company you work for (to accomodate one extra wellness expenditure for military training), but the fact is, at this point you get slightly less than that from food anyway, so I just eat Q2 food and accept that my wellness drops each day (I also train ith the military).

Once my wellness drops below 90 I do the simple trick: the next time I participate in wargames, I ony fight 4 times. The hospital still gives me 50, so I'm up by 10 and above 90 again. It's that simple!

I hope you find this guide useful. If you find and omissions, errors, would like to contribute a tip or just praise the guide then please post your comments below.
John O'Hawkney
John O'Hawkney

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1784440

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down